cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw -- Envelopes always paper jam!

jackieprints
Apprentice

Hi everyone, 

I'm at my wit's end trying to make this work. I'm loading A7 envelopes through the manual feeder on my Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw. Envelope weight is 135gsm (91lb text), but I frequently get a "paper jam" error (even though it doesn't jam -- the rollers don't pick up the envelope). I've oscillated in the paper settings between "specified when loading" and "Custom 5x7 envelope". Occasionally, it prints with no issue, but 90% of the time there's a "paper jam" error. The manual says it can accomodate paper up to 200gsm, so I'm not sure why this is happening. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

Maybe you're loading too many or not enough. mine handles up to 50 in main tray and only 10 in the multipurpose tray!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jackieprints,

The printer should be able to handle that size and type of envelope. If the paper is not moving when you start the print, it looks like a roller issue. You can try removing the paper and wiping the rollers with a damp cloth. Once the rollers are cleaned, you can try another print to see if it starts to feed. To see what might be causing the issue or to check your service options, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements