cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw Black line when scanning and printing

andrewrox20
Apprentice

Hi, I have two issues with my Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw printer.

1. Whenever I print anything, there is a black line of ink going lengthwise along one of the sides of the paper. I'm not sure why this is happenning.
  2. Whenever I scan anything, there is a thin black line appearing on all of the scanned images going through the middle of the page. I checked the glass scanning area and everything is clean. There are no black lines visible on the printer.

Anyone have any idea how to fix these problems?

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version). How are you connecting and what error message? Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

andrewrox20
Apprentice

The computer is Windows 10. 

We are connected via WiFi, and there was no error message.

I don't think it's a computer problem, because we never had these problems before, they only cropped up recently.

Hello Andrewwrox20,

The issue looks like the printer needs cleaning or there is something is wrong with one of the toner cartridges. In this situation, you can start by removing the black toner and checking to make sure it is seated properly or if any toner is leaking. If it looks like it is leaking toner, I would suggest replacing the toner and then you can proceed to cleaning. You can try cleaning the fixing assembly and the ITB 1-2 times to see if the lines disappear. If you continue to have issues, It would mean the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

Announcements