cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon image class lbp622cdw. Will not print. Says "cart past lifetime".

Popinjay
Apprentice
I have a canon image class lbp622cdw

It has plenty of black ink but it is not printing.

The error it gives is that ink cartridge is "past its lifetime" and I see no way to bypass this.

Is there any way to bypass this? I really need help. I have documents I absolutely must print. |
This feels like a shakedown from canon. There is plenty of ink. The color ink was barely used and I am not even printing in color.

Note: I tried canon customer support. Phone said they had more than an hour wait.
E-mail support will not submit on their webpage no matter what I do.  It is infuriating.
Please help.

Note 2: There is no reason in the world that ink should expire.  This feels like a shakedown.  I have a 25 year old pen from graduation, never had its ink changed, writes just fine.  I had a brother printer before this one, used laser toner just like this one, and never had this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon as well as other manufacturers do this for two reasons.  One is for warranty purposes.  The other is to help ensure consistent results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Popinjay,

When that message appears, you can continue printing but, the print quality can deteriorate. With the message, you can press the online button to continue printing. If you are still unable to print, I would suggest contacting support again at 1-800-652-2666 for assistance with the toner issue.

We would be happy to further assist with the issue via chat. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What were the toner levels at before the message came up?
  2. What options appear in the message for the toner lifetime that you can select?

Announcements