cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Maxify GX4020 automatic duplex problem - error code 1304

deserttree
Apprentice

I purchased the GX4020 in May 2023. When I print from my computer using automatic duplex, occasionally the GX4020 prints side 1 but does not grab the paper to feed it back into the printer to print side 2. Instead the GX4020 spits out side 1 and generates support code 1304, the paper jam code. I followed the instructions for removing a paper jam from inside the printer and from the paper output slot (I inspected, but I saw no paper jam or paper detritus). Then I indicated on the printer screen that I had taken the steps recommended. The printer then dispensed a blank sheet of paper. Can this problem be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I have a 743Cdw as opposed to the GX4020. Does the 4020 have any sort of built in maintenance functions that can be used to send a piece of paper through the path to clear out anything it might come across? 🤔

Thank you so much for responding to me! I will check out your suggestion and get back with you!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Deserttree,

The error would point to an obstruction in the paper feed path or a problem with the hardware. In this situation, you can try a roller cleaning using the steps in the link HERE or trying to print on some thicker paper to see if it clears out any obstructions. If you continue to run into the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 to check your service options.

Announcements