cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF733Cdw Smudging

RaymondTec
Apprentice

I've got a printer that is leaving smudges down left and right sides of the paper, both front and back (but only on the back if printing in duplex). It appears to be repeating the header all the way down, not sure if that's relevant. This happens on every print, whether from PC, a copy from the scanner, or printing an internal report (pictured below).

I did try cleaning the secondary transfer roller (on the back cover). I am also told this has been happening through two separate black cartridges. The roller can be seen on Page 12, as well as page 142. Changing the toner made little to no difference. I also ran the maintenance tasks (Clean ITB, and one other). Those also made no difference.

I would really appreciate help from more knowledgeable people about what to clean/replace to make this stop happening. If anyone could point me in the right direction, with the actual part names, it would be very helpful.

Thank you all in advance!

IMG_8098.jpegIMG_8097.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In the past when I've seen this, its usually the ITB Belt that has the "image" which is transferred faintly to each printed page.  Laser printers can last, but they all need maintenance which sometimes involves parts replacement during their service life.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much for the fast and helpful response! So you believe that replacing the ITB unit would solve this issue? I have found one on Amazon [replaced hyperlink with screenshot] that appears to be correct.

Stephen_0-1710768707631.png

You might want to reach out to support before buying something like that. If they come to the same conclusion, you can ask to speak to the parts department, and they'll let you know how much an OEM part is, instead of a generic one. Support is at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday through Friday. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I like Stephen's idea the best.  Call Canon.  They are friendly people who like to help.  They can help provide assurance, so a parts replacement has the best possibility of success.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

pkelly
Apprentice

Mine does the exact same thing. After a call to Canon and working with someone over an hour to try to figure out the issue, he said wait....is it transferring the print 5 times on the paper? It was. He said the printer supply was bad, the part is expensive, and it would be better to just replace the entire printer (this printer was purchase in 2019). 

Announcements