cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass MF 269DW Changes the Font/Font size Randomly When Printing Word Document

lnoles68
Apprentice

Good Afternoon,

Recently my MF 269 DW began randomly changing the font and/or font size when printing Word documents.  On some pages, it does not occur, but it occurs randomly somewhere in the document.  Regretfully, it occurs in documents needed for my son's school.

It occurs on Windows and Windows 11 on multiple computers.  If I print the document to another printer it prints fine.

The MF 269dw printer was purchased on 12/8/2020.  The computers and printer are connected via Ethernet.

I've set the printer back to factory defaults and re-configured it.  I have updated it to the latest BIOS and installed the latest version of the Canon drivers.

Someone recommended resetting the print spool which I have done on the local computer.  However is there a separate spool on the printer and if so, how would I clear it?

Thank you,

Lewis

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Inole68,

The printer does not have a separate spool and the issues does not look like a print spooler problem. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Does the issue only occur with the paper work from your son's school or does it happen with other documents as well?
  2. What file type is the document that is causing the issue?
  3. Are you able to print the document from another program on the computer without a problem?
Announcements