cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or send fax with imageCLASS MF455dw

milkingcows
Apprentice

I have set up the fax number in the printer itself. The phone line is directly connected to the wall jack and the "receive" settings are set to automatic. I have an important fax that will not print. Do I need to include a "1" before the the area code when sending faxes? I have my fax number entered correctly otherwise I would not be able to receive a fax. The problem is, it will not print the incoming fax. I would assume this is a problem that has nothing to do with my computer and everything to do with some settings in the printer itself. Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hey there! When sending a fax, you would dial a number just as you dial from your regular old-fashioned landline phone - so if your provider requires you to dial the 11-digit number (1+area code+number), then you'd dial "1", otherwise, just dial the 10-digit number (area-code+number) and hit send. 

This may sound silly, but it has to be said - your landline outlet does need to have a dial tone; otherwise, you can't send or receive faxes. 

If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to phone support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Announcements