cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Benefit to Using Canon imageCLASS Printer Drivers Instead of Airprint?

BsYadav75
Apprentice

Large Canon Color imageCLASS laser printer/copier/scanner/fax in my possession. It includes an Ethernet connector, and an Ethernet cable connects it to my wireless network at home.

It works with Airprint. Drivers for MacOS are also made available by Canon. I may thus use the drivers for Canon or Airprint.

What should I employ? Is there a benefit to switching from Airprint to Canon's drivers?

Thank You,

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It will vary from printer model to printer model, but the AirPrint driver is an Apple driver that provides basic printing capability. The canon drivers provide access to all the features of the printer. If there is a Canon driver available I would always recommend using that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This is SPAM

shadowsports_0-1682166559311.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

We've taken care of it.  In the future, to report spam or inappropriate material, click the dropdown menu at the upper right of the post and select "Report Inappropriate Content" so we can be alerted to it.  Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Danny.  I did that this morning when posting the image.

shadowsports_0-1682185516690.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements