Did you mean: 

New SELPHY CP1500 paper cartridge does not fit

jeffreyrodman
Apprentice

USER ISSUE WITH CANON SELPHY CP1500

S/N (21)65xxxxxx3796

Received from Amazon 10/8/2023

SUMMARY: The paper cassette is too wide for the printer

This product was received from Amazon today.

The problem is simple: The paper cassette is too wide for the printer. 

Paper cassette exterior width: 4.661" wide along entire length, both top cover and bottom

Printer orifice width for paper cassette: 4.453", or about 0.1" narrower than the paper cassette itself

There is no visible part number on the paper cassette. The only text is a molded "MADE IN CHINA"

The problem seems simple enough that it could be my error, but the reality is very blunt: the cassette is wider than the hole it should go into.  Any ideas?

[Masked Serial Number]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that the paper cassette for your SELPHY CP1500 is not fitting in its slot.

The paper cassette for the CP1500 has two covers that are marked 1 and 2 in the illustration provided by the following article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180900

The cover marked with a 1 is called the Outer Cover. The cover marked with the number 2 is called the Inner Cover.

After you load the paper, the Inner Cover (marked 2) can be closed (as illustrated in step 3), but the outer cover needs to stay open (pulled back). In step 3, the outer cover is a lighter blue and the inner cover is a darker blue.

If both covers (outer and inner) are closed, the paper cassette will be too wide for the opening. However, if you leave the outer cover open (pulled back) as you see in Step 3, the cassette will fit in the slot mentioned in steps 4 and 5.

You will find the same information starting in page 23 of the User Manual. Here is a link to the PDF version of the manual:

https://cam.start.canon/en/P001/manual/p001.pdf

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

StevenMOD

Hello jeffreyrodman,

Thanks for posting to the Canon Community! Our members are welcome to chime in but please note the forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thank you!

Please advise as to how I should address this problem? My alternative is to return the product, as it appears faulty - looks like I was shipped a printer that does not belong with the paper cartridge that shipped with it.

Hi,

The ink cartridge is designed to fit into the printer so it sounds like you may be sold the wrong ink cartridge. Please click HERE for more information about the compatible ink/paper sets for this model printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response, but the problem is not the ink cartridge, but the paper cartridge - the flat plastic tray with hinged covers into which the paper is loaded.  As described above, the slot in the printer body is about one tenth of an inch, or 3mm, narrower than the cartridge that is supposed to fit into it (I can provide photographs if needed). Is there another model of photo printer for which this tray is intended, and I was shipped the wrong tray?

Hi! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that the paper cassette for your SELPHY CP1500 is not fitting in its slot.

The paper cassette for the CP1500 has two covers that are marked 1 and 2 in the illustration provided by the following article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180900

The cover marked with a 1 is called the Outer Cover. The cover marked with the number 2 is called the Inner Cover.

After you load the paper, the Inner Cover (marked 2) can be closed (as illustrated in step 3), but the outer cover needs to stay open (pulled back). In step 3, the outer cover is a lighter blue and the inner cover is a darker blue.

If both covers (outer and inner) are closed, the paper cassette will be too wide for the opening. However, if you leave the outer cover open (pulled back) as you see in Step 3, the cassette will fit in the slot mentioned in steps 4 and 5.

You will find the same information starting in page 23 of the User Manual. Here is a link to the PDF version of the manual:

https://cam.start.canon/en/P001/manual/p001.pdf

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements