cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wish to scan 110 mm color negatives on canoscan 5600f.

sverny
Apprentice

How does one shut off the auto-sensing of negatives on the canoscan 5600F?  I should be able to preview the smaller 110 format and just crop around the smaller frames yet I cant even get to the preview window without the error that the film can't be detected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sverny,

Scanning 110 film is not supported with the CanoScan 5600F.  You can try scanning with Thumbnail View turned off, but there is no guarantee that this will work:

1.  Open the MP Navigator EX program.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click Film.

3.  Select the Use the scanner driver checkbox, then click Open Scanner Driver.

4.  Click Advanced Mode.

5.  Next to Select Source, choose Film.

6.  Click the Thumbnail button in the upper left hand corner of ScanGear to disable this view.

7.  Click Preview.

8.  Manually crop the images.

9.  Click Scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sverny,

Scanning 110 film is not supported with the CanoScan 5600F.  You can try scanning with Thumbnail View turned off, but there is no guarantee that this will work:

1.  Open the MP Navigator EX program.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click Film.

3.  Select the Use the scanner driver checkbox, then click Open Scanner Driver.

4.  Click Advanced Mode.

5.  Next to Select Source, choose Film.

6.  Click the Thumbnail button in the upper left hand corner of ScanGear to disable this view.

7.  Click Preview.

8.  Manually crop the images.

9.  Click Scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried it and it works. I just have to make sure the 110 negative is aligned fairly straight between the holder. Thanks.
Announcements