cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between the HFG10 and the HFG20?

sergeatnslander
Apprentice

I have searched for so long and to no avail. Googling has uncovered nothing. Can someone PLEASE explain the difference between the Canon HFG10 and the HFG20?! Is it NTSC and PAL? Is the hf10 the older model? I'm using an HV40 at the moment, and I am looking to upgrade to either an hfg10 (or hfg20) or an xa10. Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Sergeatnslander,

We're so glad that you contacted us through the Canon Forum for help with the differences between the VIXIA HF G10 and the VIXIA HF G20. 

To start off with, the VIXIA HF G20 is the newer model.  Both are NTSC, provided that you purchase the North American model.  The PAL standard is for Europe, not used here in North America. 

The main differences, other than the nice re-design of the VIXIA body itself, would be the following.  Note, these are all either things that the VIXIA HF G20 has that the VIXIA HF G10 does not, or have been improved upon.

The VIXIA HF G20's HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor provides extraordinary flexibility with extended dynamic range with enhanced gradation and significantly more light capture for 20% improved low-light performance over the VIXIA HF G10. 

Intelligent IS ensures effortless stabilization no matter what the shooting situation.  Intelligent IS in Auto mode:

- Dynamic IS (default)
- Powered IS
- Macro IS
- Tripod Mode

IS Modes other than Intelligent IS; Dynamic IS and Powered IS settings can be selected:

- Standard IS
- IS Off

The VIXIA HF G20 also includes Touch Decoration options to add an element of fun and excitement to your creations.

We hope this helps you with your decision between the two camcorders!  We hope you have a great day!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sami
Contributor
As far as I know, you'll find out if it is NTSC or PAL from the name.

VIXIA = NA model, NTSC, 30fps
LEGRIA = European model, PAL, 25fps
Announcements