cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Superstorm Sandy photos

EMichelson
Apprentice

Sandy was (hopefully) a once in a lifetime event for us Northeast dwellers.  Those of us who spend a lot of time online note how eager photographers are to be in the thick of things and document trouble.  I noted this especially when Haiti was struck by the earthquake and many were, unwisely, trying to figure out how to get down there.

This is truly a situation when trouble came our way.  When not hunkering down or getting help from our neighbors, or helping our neighbors when we could, there were a few hours to take some snapshots.  Here are two from Huntington Station, Long Island, both within just a few meters from my home.

Please share yours.

The first photo was taken during the storm not long after we lost power.  I was in my garage sweeping water out and heard a loud crack.  At first I thought a tree had fallen onto a home and went to investigate.  The crack turned out to be a 14K volt power line that fell into the roadway.  EOS 5D Mark II & EF135 f2 L
Sandy 1

The second photo was obviously taken after the storm.  Unfortunately, a common sighting. EOS 5D Mark II & EF 16-35 f2.8 L II

Sandy -2

-- Eric
I work for Canon USA. Opinions expressed are mine alone.
1 REPLY 1

alain
Contributor

Well it is not so fair to call for posting pictures when that means you grab automatically unlimited, uncompensated, eternal rights on any image posted ?

Dera Canon, please adopt a policy more photographer-friendly. Why do we have to even ask you this ?

Meanwhile I won't post and don't encourage to post your work.

Alain

Proprietary Rights
Please keep in mind that by posting any content to the Forum, you are indicating that your submission is voluntary, that you are the sole owner of the content and that you give Canon USA unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual rights to publish, use, publicly perform such content, or any idea contained therein, or any portion thereof, in any way, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without territorial time or other limitation, for commercial, advertising/promotional or any other purposes, without consideration to you.

Announcements