cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Missing from Registration

PJSenter
Contributor

Is the serial number required when registering a product.  If it is, I missed it when I was filling it out.  I noticed on the confirmation page it was showing a box for serial number but of course mine wasn't there.  

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, PJSenter!  Serial numbers let us tell individual units apart from one another, so we require it for registration.  Please give it another try and let us know if you need any additional help!

I just went through the registration process again, and I realize I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can't find anywhere to put a serial number 

Kristoff
Rising Star

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon device you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Also, make sure you are registering your device at our official MyCanon site: canon.us/account.

Thanks and have a great day!

Pixma G4270, just set it up today.  

Thanks for letting us know.  We just attempted to register a dummy version of that same model and we weren't prompted for a serial number, either.  We'll let our web development team know about this.  In the meantime, you can hold off on registering as your warranty doesn't really depend on it.  If you should need service, registration will be required.  We hope you won't need that but if you do, we hope to have this little wrinkle ironed out by then.

Thanks for calling this to our attention!

Thank you as well.  I'm going to be purchasing one of the CarePak's next week, I'll check again then.

Just to update, I checked today, July 15 and I was able to complete the registration with the serial number..  Thanks again

Glad to hear it!  Thanks again for letting us know about this!

Announcements