cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner 8400F

JIMMYD1922
Apprentice

I HAVE AN 8400F SCANNER THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN CANNOT CONNECT TO THE TWAIN, I HAVE  WINDOWS 7  64 BIT   CAN ANYONE HELP?/

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi JIMMYD1922,

Installing the latest drivers for the scanner from the Canon USA website may resolve the issue you are having. 

The following link will take you to the initial download page for your CanoScan 8400F:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_8400f#DriversAndSof...

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that your operating system type is selected correctly in the OPERATING SYSTEM field.  If it is not, please select your operating system from the drop-down field. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the 8400F SCANNER DRIVER file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver. 

I hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION BUR NOTHING WORKED.  DELETED ALL PROGRAMS & REINSTALLED  USING NEW DRIVER. SAME NOTICE:  'UNABLE TO OPEN TWAIN SOURCE. PLEASE CHECK CONNECTION THEN RESTART TOOLBOX".  OF COURSE I DONE ALL THAT AGAIN AND THE COMPUTER SAYS THE SCANNER IS ATTACHED. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN ADVISE

REGARDS

JIM DURANCE

Hi JIMMYD1922,

Since the issue remains, we'd suggest reaching out to our technical support department.  They will be more than happy to look into this further with you and provide step-by-step directions on how to clear the error.  Just click on "Contact Us" below to get started.  Thanks!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Announcements