cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan at 4800 dpi with CanoScan LIDE 210

brewzzzer
Apprentice

I have a Canoscan LIDE 210 connected to a Mac running OSX Mavericks (10.9.5). I downloaded the latest driver and the latest version of MP Navigator. I need to scan at 4800 dpi (as per the specs of the LIDE 210), but both the driver and the MP Navigator app only allow me to select a dpi of 600 dpi max when scanning. I can also access the scanner through PhotoShop Elements 9, which, oddly, allows me to select up to 1200 dpi -- still not enough. I've hunted for settings and/or preferences that would boost the avaiolable dpi selections, but have found nothing. Can someone help me figure out how I can access the scanner's maximum scan capability of 4800 dpi? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

HI brewzzzer,

You can scan at 4800 dpi by accessing the scanner driver from within the MP Navigator program.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Launch MP Navigator EX.

2. Click PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) on the SCAN/IMPORT tab.

3. When the Scan/Import window is displayed, check the checkbox for USE THE SCANNER DRIVER, then click the green SCAN button. The ScanGear (scanner driver) window will open.

4. Select the ADVANCED MODE tab.

5. In the OUTPUT RESOLUTION drop-down, select one of the preset resolutions, or enter a desired resolution.

6. Select other settings as desired, then click the SCAN button to start scanning.

Hope this helps!  If you need further assistance, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

HI brewzzzer,

You can scan at 4800 dpi by accessing the scanner driver from within the MP Navigator program.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Launch MP Navigator EX.

2. Click PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) on the SCAN/IMPORT tab.

3. When the Scan/Import window is displayed, check the checkbox for USE THE SCANNER DRIVER, then click the green SCAN button. The ScanGear (scanner driver) window will open.

4. Select the ADVANCED MODE tab.

5. In the OUTPUT RESOLUTION drop-down, select one of the preset resolutions, or enter a desired resolution.

6. Select other settings as desired, then click the SCAN button to start scanning.

Hope this helps!  If you need further assistance, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements