cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Cancellation Despite Successful Payment

mchauhan75
Apprentice

I am writing to address a concerning issue that has arisen from my recent purchase attempt of a refurbished RF 100-500mm lens during the Black Friday promotions offered by Canon.

Upon successfully placing the order and receiving confirmation of payment through my credit card, I later discovered, within a span of 7 to 8 hours, that the order status on Canon's website had changed to 'canceled.' Upon inquiry with Canon's customer care service, I was informed that the payment was not authorized by the bank.

In response to this unexpected turn of events, I immediately contacted Bank of America to investigate the payment authorization status. They confirmed that no action had been taken to block or impede the payment process. Furthermore, the transaction is duly reflected as successfully debited from my bank account.

This discrepancy between the cancellation notification on Canon's website and the confirmed payment status from my bank has caused immense disappointment and inconvenience, especially considering the anticipation I held for the Black Friday deal after months of waiting. Adding to the frustration, the Canon website now displays the same lens as 'out of stock.'

I kindly request your prompt attention to resolve this matter urgently. Attached herewith are pertinent documents, including proof of payment from Bank of America, for your reference and review.

Given the urgency and the unavailability of the lens on the website, I sincerely hope for an immediate resolution to reinstate the order or explore alternative options to acquire the refurbished lens at the previously offered Black Friday deal.

Thank you for your swift attention to this matter. I eagerly await your prompt response.

Sincerely,
Manoj

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your order.  However, these forums are not Canon sales or technical support.  You should contact Canon directly regarding this issue.  Be sure to have your order number and other related information ready.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Out of curiosity, was the shipping address domestic?

You'll have to contact Canon as Waddizzle suggests.  They are the only ones who can assist.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Manoj!  We can understand your concern and we recommend that you contact our sales team directly for assistance.  You can reach them weekdays and Saturdays from 9a to 9p ET (6a to 6p PT) at 1-800-385-2155.

We look forward to your call!

What is the average or expected waiting time before any human responses? I held the phone for around 20 minutes and the sales team won’t show up. 

Today's Cyber Monday - they're stupid busy - last I heard, the wait time was at least 40 minutes. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements