cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Threads Need To Be Locked

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Users in the forum and the OP are getting confused when other people comment on old threads. This is because notifications get sent to the users that commented in the old thread awhile back. I happened to see this happen again. Then we have threads with multiple problems that are similar. But the repairs maybe different from the OP and the new users who have asked about a similar problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
3 REPLIES 3

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is a great observation. I’ll look into this to see what options we have.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

There's another thread I started about this earlier in the month with additional thoughts: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Discussion/Should-forum-prevent-replies-to-very-old-threa...

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for reminding me about that thread Ricky, I had forgotten about it. This at least got the attention of a Community Manager. The other forum is still good but there aren't any comments from a Community Manager or Community Moderator. So there's a higher possibility that a Community Manager or Community Moderator will take action on this. Thus locking old forums and preventing replies making old threads read only.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements