cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer pursuing videography - all in on photography

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you're enjoying the holiday season.

While I have enjoyed taking videos to capture memories over the years, I was always intrigued with videography and cinematography.  Ultimately picked up one of Canon's cinema cameras (EOS C70), and it was fun to use and to learn with.  However, I came to the conclusion that video work is not for me.  I find it insanely complex as compared to photography.  Epecially audio.  Kudos to all those that have the skills for video work!

So I decided to pack up the gear and sell back to B&H's used department.

I'll now focus (pun intended) solely on photography.  It doesn't feel like a chore as was when working with video.  And being able to work with strobes/flash is something I really enjoy as well.  I also much prefer post work of working with individual images.

Have you had a similar journey? If you work with both photos and videos, have you found that you gravitate more towards one or the other?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
1 REPLY 1

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Good luck with the new focus (another pun intended) and see what develops (another pun intended).

If I recall, a newspaper had a column that was humorous and satirical. The title was Pun and Ink.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements