cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 Folder icons no longer showing thumbnails of contents

kjacobs4242
Contributor

I have a folder with all my pictures in it, labeled pictures. It has a bunch of folders in it labeled by date. I also have a few pics that got put into that folder. It used to show thumbnails of all the folders, grouped together, and then thumbnails of the pics too. I have lost the thumbnails of the folders, which were very useful to help tell what was in the folders without having to open them. How do I get the thumbnails of the folders to show like they used to??? All I see now are the few photo thumbnails, but not the folder thunbnails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjacobs4242
Contributor

dpp3333.PNGHere's a screen shot of that. Thought I used to see folders like these in DPP, maybe I am mistaken, and it was in windows that I saw it.  Regardless case closed, I can go straight to PC to see what I want. Thanks and pardon my confusion.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a screenshot showing exactly what you are describing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Agree with John.   Are you using PC or MAC?  We are trying to determine where you are expecting the thumbnails to appear?

shadowsports_0-1714307293218.png

shadowsports_1-1714307456346.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I used to see folders similar to that, altough mine were rotated clockwise 1/4 turn from how yours look.

kjacobs4242
Contributor

Using a windows  PC. Here's the screen shot.dpp.PNG

@kjacobs4242 wrote:

@kjacobs4242 wrote:

DPP is just a file browser.

My suspicion is that somehow the images you are showing were either inadvertently moved or copied to the highest level of your Pictures folder.

Go to the Pictures folder on your PC outside of DPP; do you see the same images there?

DPP will not show the contents of a folder that does not contain images.

See these three screenshotsScreenshot 2024-04-28 100826.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-28 100759.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-28 100641.jpg 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kjacobs4242
Contributor

dpp3333.PNGHere's a screen shot of that. Thought I used to see folders like these in DPP, maybe I am mistaken, and it was in windows that I saw it.  Regardless case closed, I can go straight to PC to see what I want. Thanks and pardon my confusion.

Announcements