cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My i860 canon printer is suddenly printing color pictures with light blue and darker blue horizontal

CSM
Apprentice

My i860 canon printer is suddenly printing color pictures with light blue and darker blue horizontal lines.  I have changed the cyan blue cartridge and the problem still exists.  Does anyone know what the problem is?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi CSM,

We can perform a print head cleaning and alignment on the printer to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps below:

PRINT HEAD CLEANING

1. With the printer powered on, press and hold the <Resume/Cancel> button. 

<1> Resume/Cancel button

2. When the power lamp blinks once, release the button.

Note:  The power lamp will blink and print head cleaning will start. The cleaning completes when the power lamp stops blinking.  (It will take about 30 seconds to a minute for the power lamp to stop blinking and remain lit solid green.)

PRINT HEAD ALIGNMENT

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on, and load Letter-sized white plain paper in the sheet feeder.  

Note:  If paper other than Letter-sized white plain paper is loaded, print head alignment cannot be performed properly.  The automatic print head alignment must be performed from the Automatic Sheet Feeder on the top of the printer.  It cannot be performed from the cassette.

2. Press and hold the <Resume/Cancel> button, and release it when the Power lamp blinks four times.  (The Power lamp will start blinking and pattern printing will start.)  

3. Print head alignment will start automatically as the following pattern is printed.  

Note:  Please wait approx. three minutes until printing is completed.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm afraid that solution did not work.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.  CSM

Hi CSM,

Since we may be dealing with a hardware malfunction, I recommend contacting us for additional support and service options (if necessary). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements