cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Webcam is not Working Anymore in Windows 11

fernandochandle
Apprentice

Hello Friends,

I'm making this thread in the hope that someone will respond.

The problem is this: My webcam stopped working suddenly.

The device has been installed, and it appears in the list of active devices. I have tried reinstalling it, but the webcam icon does not show up in the "Printers & Devices" window, but it does in the device manager.

Webcams are installed, but they don't work. I tried using Skype, but the camera cannot be connected. Because this is a netbook, the webcam is already included.

It may be a driver problem or something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

It might be a typo, but there will be a W11 and the beta is available. 

If the OP is truly on W11 it is not surprising that there may be program conflicts. 

Wow.  Microsoft has recently announced Windows 11 with an unspecified release date to be sometime this fall.

Well, all I have to say is that it is inadvisable to install a beta copy of an OS on your primary computer.  The odds of something not working properly are high, which is the whole point of beta testing.

My advice to the OP is that if you can roll back the OS, then do so. But, do not be surprised if you cannot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, fernandochandle!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is the camera model that you are trying to use as a webcam?

What is the exact model of netbook that you are using?

Does the regular EOS Utility work with your camera?

BTW, that must be a typo, because there is no Windows 11 that I am aware of.  Microsoft announced several years ago, that Windows 10 is the last OS they will release for the current Intel platform.

If the OP is truly on W11 it is not surprising that there may be program conflicts. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Wow.  Microsoft has recently announced Windows 11 with an unspecified release date to be sometime this fall.

Well, all I have to say is that it is inadvisable to install a beta copy of an OS on your primary computer.  The odds of something not working properly are high, which is the whole point of beta testing.

My advice to the OP is that if you can roll back the OS, then do so. But, do not be surprised if you cannot.

Announcements