cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 400 stuck on step 3 of installation on Windows 7

adachi
Apprentice

Hello, I have a been using a Canon LiDE with my Macbook for some time without issue. Recently I purchased a second unit for use with my Windows 7 PC. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

When I try to install it the installation process becomes stuck on step 3 with the following message "The scanner is detected. Please wait until the installation is complete. This may take some time". I have tried the following methods: installation via CD, installation via downloading from the website provided in the manual, installation of the drivers only, extracting the drivers/software installer from the website provided in the manual and running the installer as an administrator, and the above methods with Windows firewall temporarily disabled. I have uninstalled the drivers and software after each unsuccessful attempt and restarted my system before retrying. 

Please let me know if you have any advice. I really like this digital scanner and want to do whatever it takes to get it to work with my system.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi adachi,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements