cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon request bank info to pay for a service - FRAUD?

Kmorden
Apprentice

I contacted Canon to help with installation of my new printer. The technician said my computer was infected and for $350 he would fix it. He asked for my bank account and info to pay the $350.

I Canon in the habit of requesting persaonal bank info to pay for service? Sounds fishy to me!

4 REPLIES 4

StevenMOD

Hello Kmorden,

It does appear that you came into contact with another company that may offer third-party support for Canon products or is pretending to be Canon. Our products include a 1-year limited warranty, which grants you access to free technical support options. Please ensure if you need support that you register your gear at http://canon.us/account and contact us during business hours at 1-800-652-2666.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Wherever did you get the contact info for Canon? It is absolutely fraudulent.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Run! Obviously a scam. I need to contact an email to correct my address so a package, which I didn't order, can be delivered.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

We are always sorry to hear these stories.  The takeaway here is the user didn't speak with Canon Support.  You should always be certain of the party you are communicating with.  Its up to the individual to safeguard his / her personal / financial information when dealing with people over the phone or on the internet. Canon has no control or responsibility in this.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements