cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rumors '19

John_SD
Whiz

According to the usually reliable Canon Rumors site, the 7D2 and the 80D may be replaced with one APS-C. (A 7D3? A 90D?) And no EF lenses coming in '19. I don't think that's hard to believe at all. I think we will continue to see a winnowing down of  DSLR technology as Canon clears the path for mirrorless. 

In my view, this might not be all bad. For example, for someone who is interested in wildlife and outdoor photography who doesn't care to spend the many thousands of dollars on new mirrorless systems, a very good APS-C with its "magnification factor" built-in and excellent, more affordable lenses, can be a reasonable pathway into this niche of photography.

The article states:

"The Canon EOS 7D Mark II and Canon EOS 80D are already quite old now, and according to previous rumors, replacement of both cameras will be coming in 2019. Canon has already confirmed that there will be no new EF lenses in 2019, but this does not mean we will not see new DSLR cameras.

"According to CR, EOS 7D Mark II and EOS 80D are rumored to be replaced by one APS-C DSLR camera."

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

With two new very expensive EF telephoto primes and two new telephoto zooms launched in 2018 I am not surprised that there aren't any additional EF lens introductions in 2019.

At some point I will likely make a transition to mirrorless but the performance, at least for sports photography, isn't there yet.  If future sensor technology only appears in a mirrorless that will be a motivator for me but right now the power budget and somewhat laggy electronic viewfinder are deal killers for me even if I didn't have a large investment in EF glass.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"According to the usually reliable Canon Rumors site, ..."

Depending on your definition of the word "reliable, I guess.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements