cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LIDE 210 Scanner

EastOU
Apprentice

I like this scanner. It has good quality scans but has a severe problem.

90% of the shades of green are scanned as blue. I have a very nice computer with windows 7, plenty of memory, and a fairly decent video card.

I was wondering if this scanner is defective. It will be hard to return this to the store. I have owned several scanners at home and at work and none have scanned colors wrong. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi EastOU,

A couple questions for you:

• What are you scanning? 
  • Does this issue occur when scanning different types of documents?
  • Have you adjusted any settings within your scanning application?
  • Beyond the color difference, do the scans appear sharp and clear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

EastOU
Apprentice

We have about 90 albums of photographs that I am scanning. Being 40 years of pictures, the type of cameras range from 110 through 35 mm. They are all color photographs. I use Zoner Photo Studio 15 for my base software. The scanning software is what comes with the scanner.

EastOU
Apprentice

The scans appear sharp and clear. I have not scanned anything other then photos. I have not adjusted any settings. I am not sure exactly how to change the settings in Zoner. Zoner has a really nice feature that let's me edit the picture and apply the right color but of course that is very time consuming.

Ramona
Authority

Hi again EastOU,

We can calibrate the scanner to see if this will resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. From within ScanGear, click the Preferences button at the bottom. Note: While the screenshot below shows "Basic Mode", the Preferences button can also be accessed from "Advanced Mode" and "Auto Scan Mode" as well.

2.  On the "Scanner" tab, the Calibration options can be found. Click Execute to begin the calibration process.

3.  The calibration process may last anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes.

When the above window disappears from the screen, then the calibration is complete.  Repeat the calibration up to 3 times if the desired results are not achieved.

Hope this helps! 

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply. I had already found this calibration option. I tried it several times without success. What's funny is that when I go into Zoner Studio, select the area that should be green by using effects and shift colors, the selected area changes to almost the exact color of green in the picture.

Announcements