cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark3 Split Image Saved

eridon
Apprentice

FV4A9954.jpg

The above image was taken with my 5D Mark 3, 16-35 lens.  Taken at 35mm, f/6.3 1/320s ISO 100

The black lines are the edges of the image.  The piece of the picture that is at the bottom right is actually the top left portion of the image.

I have not yet called canon regarding this because it is difficult to explain on the phone.  It has only happened once, so I am not sure if they will beable to recreate it in order to fix it.  Has anyone had this problem and been successfull in getting it fixed?

Does anyone know why this happens, and if it will continue to occurr randomly?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

It looks like you're using one of the creative filters. Check under photostyles for "Diptych-Postmodern".

Jon
Contributor

Did you see that on the in-camera review or only after you downloaded to your computer?If it was only on your computer, it's possible there was a problem with your USB connection between the camera (or card reader) and the computer. If it shows up like that in-camera as well, or if you see that when you try to view the file via a card reader on your computer, you may have a bad memory card. That's very typical of a problem with the file, and the likeliest causes are the card, the file transfer process (which means hardware), or the computer's disk. A problem with the camera is less likely, but not impossible. Trying some of these other trouble-shooting measures will help narrow things down.

Jon
Announcements