cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility Pro not working in TEAMS and Win 11

tony34
Contributor

I just tried using the new Webcam Utility with Windows 11 and it doesn’t work. Our IT folks couldn’t figure out why it was this application wasn’t working with Windows 11 and MS TEAMS. 

• Camera: M50 Mark II connected via USB
  • Windows 11 Enterprise, OS Build 22621.3007, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0
  • Microsoft Teams Version 1.7.00.6058 (64-bit)
11 REPLIES 11

Ron

Thanks for joining the conversation, Tony34!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer and version details.  It will also help to know the model camera you are using and how you are connecting to your computer.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Ron, I've updated my original post to include the details you suggested. I've already perused the Canon knowledge-base and while there are several posts on this topic, few if any have any are associated w/ verified solutions. Please provide guidance to evaluate and correct the root cause of this issue. Much appreciated. -Tony

Hi Tony.  Thanks for the additional information.  Here are a few items you may want to check:

1. After installing the software, you will need to restart the computer, so the driver is correctly loaded to the MS Teams app.
  2. Make sure that you are using a good, functioning cable.
  3. Webcam Utility Pro cannot be used at the same time with other camera connected applications.  You do not to uninstall the other applications; just close them.

Of course other Community members can add their comments or experience.

Ron, thanks for the reply.

See my screen capture below. As indicated in the video, the webcam software recognizes the camera being toggled ON then OFF. The camera is also recognized in the EOS utility, however Remote Shooting will not engage. Please read my additional notes below the video.

In my initial review of the issue I had come across same suggestions you've referenced. My IT support and I were able to eliminate those 3 possibilities.

1. The application was installed/reinstalled several times with several system reboots.
  2. Several cables were tested and confirmed as serviceable by observing Windows acknowledging the camera was being connected/disconnect.
  3. We verified no other applications were running in conjunction with Webcam Utility Pro. 

What troubleshooting would be next? Is there somewhere within the system to detect what's preventing the video feed from starting? Any help is appreciated. 

Ron

Hi Tony.  I see you said that you other camera software was turned off.  Your second video seems to show EOS Utility being active.  You will need to turn off the EOS Utility program too, in order for the Webcam Utility to work properly.

If the problem persists, you may want to contact our camera technical support team.  They are well versed in the Webcam Utility and can troubleshoot the issue in real time.  In the USA, they are at 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET, Saturday: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.  Outside the USA, you can find the support numbers for your country on our Global website -  .https://Canon.us/globalsupport

Ron, not sure why you've assumed these programs were running at the same time. As I mentioned previously, the programs weren't running at the same time.

The second video is meant to convey that the EOS utility is also indicating an issue by not allowing the remote shooting to activate. 

What issue would also cause Remote Shooting to be unavailable even when the camera is recognized by the computer?

This kind of complex issue is something that we can't diagnose here on the Community Forums. We think speaking with phone support live, one-on-one would be the best way to resolve it. 

If you're here in the US, our team is at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Outside of the United States, go to https://canon.us/global

Have a great day! 

Unforntunately the phone support team was unable to identify the issue.

Hi, Tony.

I did think of something I've encountered a handful of times that may impact your situation. The system requirements of the EOS Webcam Utility Pro are kind of specific. From what other users have reported, if you're using an AMD CPU, you might have issues, and if your computer was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, that also may not work. Below is an excerpt:

To use this software, your computer has to meet the following system requirements.

1. Supported OS
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 11 (64-bit)

2. Supported Computers
PC with one of the above OS preinstalled and a USB port as a standard feature (Upgraded machines not supported)
CPU:
- Intel Pentium 1.6GHz or faster
RAM:
- 2 GB or greater

3. Display
- Screen Resolution: 1,024x768 pixels or more
- Screen colors: Medium (16-bit) or more

You can find it HERE, then under the Webcam Utility, tap "Details" then "More Download Info"

Announcements