cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REBEL SL1 Cannot start video via EOS Webcam Utility

leadercrat
Apprentice

I'm having difficulty getting a Rebel SL1 to work with Windows 10 via Zoom as a webcam. I'm fairly confident I have the driver properly installed. I've tried both the SL1 driver and the SL2 driver. In both cases, I am able to select the EOS Webcam Utility in the video settings of zoom, but when I select it I get "Cannot start video" select another camera. I have gotten this camera to work with zoom on a mac using the SL2 driver. I've confirmed I am not running another EOS Utility. I've tried different cables, different usb connections, and different settings on camera.  Under my device manager, it shows the EOS Webcam Utility and says the device is working properly. While the EOS Webcam Utility shows up for zoom,, the camera doesn't show up in Microsoft teams as an option.  I've done multiple restarts and combinations on sequencing the camera turn off/on/connection.

I am using a HP Elitebook Windows 10.

Any advice on what else to try or check on the camera or PC?

Thanks so much for any advice!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

1 - Does the regular EOS Utlity work properly?  Can you download images to your PC?  

2 - Can you connect for Remote Live View shooting using the EOS Utility, or DPP4?

3 - Can you connect to Zoom using the web version of the app, not the app you download and install?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will follow up with answers to #1-#2 tomorrow.  The answer to zoom online is no, I get the same "Cannot start video."

Will advise. 

@leadercrat wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will follow up with answers to #1-#2 tomorrow.  The answer to zoom online is no, I get the same "Cannot start video."

Will advise. 

Your camera is in video mode, right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes - correct.

Update...I was unable to get the EOS Utility installed on my computer.  It is a work computer and we have restrictions on what can be installed.

I will have to pursue some other options!

Thanks so much for kind assistance.

M

Announcements