cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility not working after windows update

AshR
Apprentice

Dear Canon Support Team,

I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I've encountered using EOS Webcam Utility in Windows 11, after switching my Windows to Windows 10 operating system. It works perfectly but unfortunately after updating system in Windows 10, the Canon EOS Webcam Utility has ceased to function properly since the update.

It no longer seems to work as expected. I would greatly appreciate your help in diagnosing and rectifying this problem. Your guidance and expertise in resolving issues with Canon products would be invaluable to me. I'm using Canon 200D

If you require any additional information or need specific details about my system configuration, please let me know, and I will provide them promptly. I am eager to get my EOS Webcam Utility working again as it is an essential tool for my daily tasks.

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance with this matter. I look forward to your guidance in resolving this issue and continuing to use your products for my photography and video needs.

Sincerely,

Ash

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ I hope this finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I've encountered using EOS Webcam Utility in Windows 11, after switching my Windows to Windows 10 operating system. It works perfectly but unfortunately after updating system in Windows 10, the Canon EOS Webcam Utility has ceased to function properly since the update. “

The paragraph above is confusing.  Did you perform an “update” to Windows 11?  Or did you install an “upgrade” from Windows 10 to Windows 11?  

I believe upgraded operating systems are generally not supported.  How many upgrades has this platform experienced?  It sounds like you have a home-brewed, Windows platform that needs some troubleshooting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm using Windows 11 at first and I can't use it, so I try switching back to Windows 10 and it work but not too long if I update Windows 10 until it can't be update anymore. I search for online but they said just exit EOS Utility but I'm not installing the software just webcam utility and why logo computer still there.

I must apologize. I do not know how to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It's okay, right now I just using Windows 10 and not updating too far from the version I got. Now it works well for now but I just hoping if I can use it in Windows 11

Announcements