cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro Not Detecting Camera

ethan_jpg
Apprentice

I'm having problems with the webcam utility. I used it last week to stream on Twitch with no issues, but today the webcam utility isn't detecting my camera at all. The USB icon with a red X that usually appears when a camera is not connected is notably missing.

Screenshot (15).png

So I tried opening EOS Webcam Utility Pro to see if I had to adjust a setting within the program, and it just won't open. Attempting to open it creates multiple processes but it never manages to opens a window. 

Screenshot (16).png

The last thing I tried was uninstalling and reinstalling all Canon software on my pc, including drivers, but it still isn't working. I'm frustrated and out of ideas at this point. Any help would be appreciated!

For reference, I'm using a Rebel SL2 on Windows 11 in Twitch Studio, the EOS Utility remote shooting works just fine, and my camera shows up in the file explorer just fine.

9 REPLIES 9

devp16
Contributor

did you fix the problem, im having same problem 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that the EOS Utility is not running when trying to use the webcam utility. It will show up in the right-hand taskbar if running.

please explain more im still having trouble

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you see the EOS Utility icon on the taskbar (lower right-hand side)? If so, right click the icon and click on Quit. Then try the EOS Webcam Utility.

Yes I have quit it and try to open "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY PRO" nothing happening 

kamikami
Apprentice

Have you had your problem fixed? I have the same

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try disabling the EOS Utility Launcher, which is the app in the System Tray, and then rebooting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't even have the EOS Utility. I am using the EOS Webcam Utility Pro. It will just stuck on the black screen with the white text like image above. I tried many different options but no use.

@kamikami wrote:

I don't even have the EOS Utility. I am using the EOS Webcam Utility Pro. It will just stuck on the black screen with the white text like image above. I tried many different options but no use.

What Operating System are you running?  Is it up-to-date.  Upgraded Operating Systems tend to have issues running many of the Canon apps that interact with cameras trhough the USB ports.

Try installing regular EOS Utility, and then testing functionality with your camera, ports, and cables.  Windows should download a device driver the first time you connect a camera to a good USB port and cable.

Other users have experienced issues using USB port expanders and adapters.  Using USB cables that are too long and/or lack baluns to protect against noise and outside RF interference.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements