cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to Download and Install Firmware Version 1.0.2 for the EOS Rebel T7i

efoneill2000
Apprentice

Hi, I am trying to Download and Install Firmware Version 1.0.2 for the EOS Rebel T7i

I have repeatedly followed How to install firmware updates proceedures. Yet, I keep getting message: Memory Card containing firmware is required to update. Why?

Camera currently has Firmware Version 1.0.1. I have low-level reformated the SDXC I Vs30 card and when I downloaded it, it had the correct files in it's root directory. I then expanded the ZIP file and it has the correct 32.9 MB data. Also did the same on another SanDisk SDXC card. After expanding the ZIP file, it reads with the correct directories. I then tried getting rid of the READ ONLY on the card. Still getting the same message:Memory Card containing firmware is required to update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should be expanding the downloaded ZIP file on your computer. Then you copy the .fir file from the folder on your computer into the root directory of the SD card. (It sounds like you are downloading the ZIP to your SD card and then expanding it).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should be expanding the downloaded ZIP file on your computer. Then you copy the .fir file from the folder on your computer into the root directory of the SD card. (It sounds like you are downloading the ZIP to your SD card and then expanding it).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, You're correct, I have been expanding the ZIP on the card. Your method worked like a charm!

Announcements