cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer images from EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D)

Sharonbarie
Apprentice

I have a new PC with Windows 11.  I am not able to transfer images from my Canon camera using the PC connection cord that came with camera. I need help!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is your camera set this way?

Screenshot 2023-03-16 092218.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This issue comes up from time to time. If you can't get it to work using JRH advice, you can always buy a CF reader.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sharonbarie
Apprentice

thank you, but I'm not trying to print photos.  I want to download/transer? photos on my camera to me Dell PC, using windows 11.  When I use the Canon USB cord that came with the camera, I get message telling me that "connected devices will show here" but mine does not show up.  Do I need an external multi-format memory card reader in order to download my photos?  I'm a vintaged citizen with minimal computer skills, etc.  

That setting has nothing to do, per se, with printing, Note the idea is to set PC Connection. Actually, I would try it both ways since ISTR that PTP is the correct setting for newer computers.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Do I need an external multi-format memory card reader in order to download my photos?"

Sharonbarie,

I am, also a "vintage" citizen 😁 but I can tell you without reservation that a card reader is by far the easiest way to transfer from your camera to computer. Especially for a person with "minimal computer skills". You can find one at WalMart and other stores or mail order form Amazon. The EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D) is also a vintage camera that is approaching 20 years of service. Things change. Get a card reader and save yourself a lot of frustration.

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements