cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shadow in pic manual mode only - EOS 90D

Dmcd3055
Contributor

So i apprecite the help I recd regarding my previous question regarding the 1x4 extender it was a great help. so heres the new challenge. Only in the M mode I am getting a shadow in the lower left corner. This happens only in the manual mode and not in any other mode. Any ideas??

camera is 90 D with  zoom lens EF 100-400 L IS IIIMG_8054.JPGIMG_8053.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

in the P mode 1/125 F4.0 ISO 160

same in the m mode and neither showed a shadow

what should that tell me?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Stephen

It's helpful to have a full idea of what's happening.

What camera are you using? What lens?

Can you provide a photo illustrating the issue?

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Vingnetting perhaps? Is the extender and lens all aligned well? Do you perhaps have a lens hood that isn't completely circular such that it's leading to vingnetting only in one corner? Or, is it really the case where vingnetting exists in all four corners and the images you're looking at make it difficult to see the effect in some corners?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

happens even with the extender removed

Do you have any other lenses you can try? Very odd that this only happens in Manual Mode.  If say you switch to Av mode, take a shot (and make a note of all the settings that were used), switch to Manual and adjust to those same exact settings as used for the Av shot, this still happens?

Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory defaults?

--
Ricky

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you test with another lens?

If you are seeing this effect with no hood or extender, it might be the shutter if it follows with any lens attached.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

with all lenses

Since all lenses, sounds like you need to contact Canon and see about having your camera repaired.  Though do first try resetting the camera just in case that clears up the issue (doubtful though).

--
Ricky

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you see it in the optical viewfinder? Do you see it in Live View?

Set the camera to P mode and record ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Then set the same settings in M mode.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

i do not see it in the view finder or the live view

Announcements