cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rf100-500 update

mikew
Contributor

Is anyone having trouble installing the firmware update for the rf 100-500 lens on a Mac? I get the .afu file from the dmg but the .afu won't install on the card. Thanks for any help.

Mike W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Glad it worked out.  Can you please mark as resolved!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Mike:

Sorry to learn you are having issues.

What precisely do you mean when you say "install on the card"? 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Sorry about the wording. I downloaded the dmg to a mac from the Canon website. I extracted the eosr5152.fir and put it on the desktop and then tried to install on a sandisk pro sdxc card. The card is in a Lexar card reader. When I drag the .fir file to the card directory, the file will not load. Frustrating, but I appreciate your response.

Mike W.

mikew
Contributor

to clarify further, I'm having this problem with the r5 152 update and the update for the 100-500mm rf lens.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Likely a silly question, but is it possible the write-protect slot on the SD card is set to protect?

cheers, TREVOR

The reader won't accept the card if the tab is in the locked position, so that isn't it. However I get a brand new error message when I connect the card to the Mac via the reader.

macOS can’t repair the disk “EOS_DIGITAL”. 

You can still open or copy files on the disk, but you can’t save changes to files on the disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can.

So it seems this is the problem. I have other cards and will try one tonight. Thank you again for taking the time to look at this.

Mike W.

Definitely, the card sounds suspect and trying another card is the next logical step. Hope it helps - let us know if it does. 

cheers, TREVOR

mikew
Contributor

The problem was the card, which is/was my most recent purchase. I can still record raw files to it and examine them in Bridge but I think it's time to discard. Thank you.

Mike W

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Glad it worked out.  Can you please mark as resolved!

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements