cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There is no software for the OS Version you selected."

RobBuck
Contributor

I just bought a brand new computer and Canon is telling me there is no driver available for my new computer?! 

What do I do now? Does anyone know? How do I upload my files from my camera onto my computer hard drive? What am I missing here?

My camera is the 5D Mark III and my computer is the iMac Retina 5K 2017, OS High Sierra vs 10.13.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. If there is another thread discussing this, please point me onto that thread, thanks so much.

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There's no driver available because you don’t need a driver. Just connect your camera and open the Image Capture app to download your images. 

If you want to use DPP or EU download the files in the El Capitan dropdown. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you but that's the issue. I did connect the camera but the computer is not detecting it. Do you think it's the USB connection? I understand there can be a conflict between 2.0 and 3.0 but I am not sure in this case.

Hi. I have a 1D X (which I believe is same vintage as your 5D Mark III) and a MacBook Air with High Sierra and USB-3 ports.

Connection works fine:

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.18.46 AM.jpg

Maybe the Apple Store could help?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John! I do feel a bit foolish that I did not look there before posting! I was previously accustomed to connecting my camera with my old Mac and the Canon software would simply open immediately. Learning curve....

Thanks again for your help.

Glad to help. You can configure EOS Utility to open automatically. Load the software and the toolbar icon gives you the choice.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you don't see the software downloads for macOS High Sierra 10.13, then just download the software for macOS Sierra 10.12.

This happens every time Apple updates the OS.  The version that was "current" when Canon released their camera software was Sierra so you find it in the Sierra section.  That software still runs on High Sierra (every Canon app that I want to run on my High Sierra macs works without issue.)

As Canon releases updates to these applications, you'll see them starting to appear in the High Sierra section.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Tim just nailed it!

I was trying to find the latest version of DPP and other Canon software for my 6D and came up with the same error message.  The Canon Software Website does not include listings for High Sierra, only Sierra and before.  If you click on the OS selected and pick “Sierra”, you’ll see a list of all software available for Sierra which is the latest available from Canon.  At some point they will test their releases against High Sierra and include in the website.  At some point!  🙂

Jim in Boulder

Yeah, I was having a major panic attack for no reason I guess! Next, organize the 3000+ files I just uploaded... ugh, they all uploaded individually and not by dated folders. Once again, need to start over with everything. Getting them copied to an external drive then the cloud, then just removing them off here asap.

Thanks guys, for suggesting Sierra in lieu of High Sierra!

Announcements