cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lens adapter

youngatheart
Apprentice

I was going to purchase a cannon full frame OES 5D and have a tammron  18-270 and they said it wouldnt fit.. is there an adapter that would fit for this lens on this camera?

12 REPLIES 12

The MetaBones adapter will work with cropped sensor lenses on a full frame body.  This is from their own description:

Product Highlights

• Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E-Mount Body
  • Works with Full-Frame and APS-C Cameras
  • Switch for In-Body Image Stabilization
  • Support for Phase- & Contrast-Detect AF

I'm not sure if the Sigma, after modification, will allow for enough clearance from the mirror, but the adapter does add considerable spacing between the lens and the camera body.

@StanNH wrote:

The MetaBones adapter will work with cropped sensor lenses on a full frame body.  This is from their own description:

Product Highlights

• Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E-Mount Body
  • Works with Full-Frame and APS-C Cameras
  • Switch for In-Body Image Stabilization
  • Support for Phase- & Contrast-Detect AF

I'm not sure if the Sigma, after modification, will allow for enough clearance from the mirror, but the adapter does add considerable spacing between the lens and the camera body.

Does MetaBones make an adapter for an EF-S mount lens on a full frame EF Mount body?  No.  Why?  You posted the reason why an adapter does not exist.  Distance.  

BTW, even if you could make such adapter, the vignetting would be terrible.  Unlike Sony or Nikon, [Canon] full frame bodies do not have any sort of APS-C lens crop mode.  Why?  Because APS-C lenses cannot mount on a full frame body, so it is not needed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

“Your Tamron is made for APS-C sensor bodies. There is no adapter to use it on a full frame sensor body.”

Not to mention it is not worth the effort. A 5D any model deserves a better lens.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements