cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left battery in EOS T5 for 2 months

Lawrence1956
Apprentice

Hello, I left my EOS t5 on the shelf for 2 months with the battery in it. When I turn it on the shutter sounds like it is going non-stop. Help! 

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I think I have left my cameras longer than that, but I suggest you try to charge the battery, or put in your spare.

It has been sitting for years since this happened. Now it seems like it is working now. Thanks by the way. Is there up dates for these cameras? Someone told me to go to the third wrench and hit reset. There is no third wrench in the menu, only 1 and 2. I have never done any updates since I bought it new.

@Lawrence1956 wrote:

It has been sitting for years since this happened. Now it seems like it is working now. Thanks by the way. Is there up dates for these cameras? Someone told me to go to the third wrench and hit reset. There is no third wrench in the menu, only 1 and 2. I have never done any updates since I bought it new.

Set the camera to P mode.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 194858.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"There is no third wrench in the menu, only 1 and 2."

All functions are not available in all modes.

" I have never done any updates since I bought it new."

There is usually no "updates" required.  You can have FW updates but you need to make sure they correct a problem you have. Otherwise they do not help you.

As to fully resetting the camera, any time you see unusual behavior a reset can be helpful especially if you set something and didn't realize you did.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I left my EOS t5 on the shelf for 2 months with the battery in it."

If you don't intend on using your camera for extended periods of time, two months or so, always remove the battery.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements