cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i keep my menu item open until i close it - Canon EOS 5D MkIV

judy04
Contributor

I'm trying to see camera output on my iphone, but the menu shuts down very rapidly.   How can I keep menu on what I set it on until I change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@judy04 wrote:

The problem is I get the camera settings up and then they disappear almost immediately while I futz with the iphone.

Sounds like normal behavior, to me.  CameraConnect allows the camera to be remotely controlled.  This means the buttons and dials on the camera body are not functional.  This should include accessing the menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

StevenMOD

Hello judy04,

So that the Community can better assist you, we will need to know more information such as which camera and phone operating system you're using. Any other details you can provide will only help others better understand the issue and possible solutions. 

judy04
Contributor

I have a 5D mark iv and iphone 14 pro.   Using 'camera connect' on the iphone and 'communications settings' on camera (tool > 4 > communications settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiJ6HaNXpo

tells how to do it.

The problem is I get the camera settings up and then they disappear almost immediately while I futz with the iphone.

@judy04 wrote:

Sounds like normal behavior, to me.  CameraConnect allows the camera to be remotely controlled.  This means the buttons and dials on the camera body are not functional.  This should include accessing the menus.

Thx a lot!   I think you solved my problem.   I was looking for a way to take images from very low (ground) and to see what I'm taking ie only wanted the phone to see the viewfinder.   But you're right, it's the phone in control with this method.   Do you know a simpler way to see what's on the viewfinder when the camera is essentially on the ground ?

Select Remote Shooting in CameraConnect. 

Meaning continue with the iphone which will be in control.   I just want to see what's on the viewfinder (somehow painlessly, and that's really my question)  and still be in control with the camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Remote control means exactly that. You cannot have it both ways at the same time. 

Announcements