cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon t6i bundl video kit rode mic hiss

garrbba
Apprentice

so ive been using my canon t6i and rode micgo for about 2 mouths never had to mess with the recording sound. left it on auto.
well today when i was vlogging for some reason it was going crazy high! making a hiss sound and everything to loud. is it the camrea thats not getting the lvls right or is my mic wak? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I recently read some posts from others who said wi-fi could contribute to back ground noise or unexpected behavior.  If enabled, try disabling this function and retest.  Ths may not apply in your case, so if it doesn't, reply back and we can make other suggestions.

Also, if you can provide more information about the shooting conditions.  Inside, outside, windy, calm still day, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Auto setting of the audio introduces dynamic range compression, AFAIK.  Manually set the volume with an external microphone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

garrbba
Apprentice
Thanks for the wi-if info unfortunately I’ve tried that:(. In the past I could shoot anywhere inside, outside almost any type of weather and it would be fine with out having to do manually :(. I think I’ll just have to get a new mic and see if it’s the camera 😞
Announcements