cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon t5i and DigiBee 800 strobe not syncing

kosmith124
Apprentice

Hello. I bought a Paul C Buff DigiBee 800 strobe and my Canon T5i doesn't recognize it. How can I sync the two together? Is the problem in the settings if so what settings should I be using?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I doubt if many participants on this forum are familiar with that strobe unit.  Have you contacted the manufacturer?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I doubt if many participants on this forum are familiar with that strobe unit."

You are kidding or are nuts?  Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I doubt if many participants on this forum are familiar with that strobe unit."

You are kidding or are nuts?  Smiley Surprised

Mark me guilty too. I never heard of DigiBee. I'll google it later and see what I've been missing.

I'll say this, though: The flash units I use do sync on my cameras.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

RTF,

You guys don't do studio?

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

RTF,

You guys don't do studio?

Nope. By preference I'm a landscape and architecture photographer, and at work I did mostly events. So if the DigiBee is purely a studio flash, I guess that's why I never encountered one.

At family gatherings I still pretend to be an event photographer. Once you take the trouble to learn how to do it, it's hard to stop.  Smiley Frustrated

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I've heard of Paul C. Bluff and the Alien Bees...very popular with studio lighting crowd.

My understanding of it is that it's more of a manual flash with built-in modeling light - more power and faster recycling time compared to speedlights.

Normally, you would need to either connect to the camera through wired connection (comes with the strobe) or using some sort of wireless triggers like the popular Pocketwizard...

Being manual, there is no ETTL or anything like that - which nobody uses for studio shoots anyway.
================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"How can I sync the two together?"

What do you mean?  The T5i won't fire it or there is a problem with the resulting photo?  How are you triggering it?  Set the T5i on M and the SS to 1/60.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"How can I sync the two together?"

What do you mean?  The T5i won't fire it or there is a problem with the resulting photo?  How are you triggering it?  Set the T5i on M and the SS to 1/60.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4035395

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements