cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon camera repair

Steven51
Apprentice

Has anybody send their camera into canon for repair how was their service.  How long did it take and were the prices reasonable.

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

These are all relative, I thought so several years ago. They actually offered me a good deal on a refurbished camera that I took advantage of.

If you go to Canon's website and sign up for the repair they will give you an estimate.

They said I had to send it to get an estimate but they would not even give a range.  I found a camera store in Garland that can fix it in 3 or 4 day and they told me what it would cost up front.  So I guess Canon service it not that good to me.

I sent a lens in when they told me that they couldnt give an estimate without seeing it. So I thoght... maybe better to send it in to somone who has all the parts and equiptment to do the job.. So I didnt heare form them after a week so I sent an email and got an email back the next day that it had been shipped.... So I asked how much the repair was and received no reply. A few days later it showed up all repairde and no charge. The auto focus would not work and it was way out of warranty. So I guess it is all in the approach... Take a chance. Postage and insurance was under  $25.00

Thanks Canon !

Mitsubishiman
Rising Star
A couple of years ago my 40D shutter count was off the chart and the shutter was getting unpredictable, sent it into Canon and they replied with a quote of $275.00 US, and the turnaround was approximately 2 weeks, upon the return of the camera I was convinced they replaced it with a new version, perfectly clean and perfectly functional, I actually checked the serial number just to make sure it was my camera, I would never hesitate to send any of my Canon cameras back to them, best of luck...
Announcements