cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera 750D EOS all of the sudden STOPPED RECOGNIZING USB

Kevindox68
Contributor

I’ve had this camera for like 5 years and it’s been working wonderfully and it always recognized the usb port. but ALL OF THE SUDDEN! IT STOPPED RECOGNIZING EVERY USB CABLE I TRIED!

i literally bought new ones thinking its the usb problem but NO its not.

and I even tried it on 3 different computers it still won’t recognize I don’t understand ??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific computer and operating systems are you using?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is WiFi on? WiFi has to be off for the USB to work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific computer and operating systems are you using?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

i tried it on my pc which is windows and i tried it on my macbook, i tried it on other computers its not recognizing i don’t understand it was working couple months ago. this is so frustrating

If no computer recognizes the camera, and you have tried other cables I assume, likely the USB board in the camera may have gone bad. That's something Canon repair would need to address. If you had said "Windows 11", I would say that might be the culprit. I had Win 10 on my 5-year-old Dell XPS 15 2-in1 and after I updated to Windows 11, no tether programs would work properly except Canon EOS Utilities.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is WiFi on? WiFi has to be off for the USB to work.

yup it’s off i checked the settings 

Hey there!

I haven't been in support for a while, but I used to be a Rebel tech. 

One of the more strange things I used to see from time to time is what seemed like USB power surges. It appeared that when some computers restarted they sent a surge through their USB ports that could damage the USB port of our cameras. I'm not sure if it's the way some computers do their initial Power On Self Test (POST), or what. 

All that to say: It could be the USB port. You might need to send it in to be evaluated. If you're in the USA, head over to https://canon.us/account to get started.

aww man i think you’re right, ugh guess i have to make a trip down to tel aviv 😫

wait i dont even think we have a canon store here… ig any tech store would work right?

Announcements