EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen screen

Hi. I am new to the forum and had been doing some research regarding the issue that I'll share. I bought a canon t4i in january. My style of photography is street photography, so obviously, I have to be in the streets taking photos. The only detail i...

Resolved! 7d or 5d that is my question?

Can't afford the 5d mk3Can afford a used 5d mk2 but not sure i am very happy with 9 AF points plus the slower frames per second then the 7dWhy are so many people selling there 7d and buying the 5d mk2 ?

How can I stop the pre-exposure flash on a 4Ti

I was given a 3rd party flash that has a slave mode. When I use the built in flash to fire the slave, the slave fires in response to the pre-exposure flash (I can see it through the view finder) and the resulting picture is obviously really dark. If ...

thg3 by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

5D Mark III firmware suggestions

Hello, Could Canon team give us their positions on these suggestions please ? 1) The Auto ISO is far from being convenient.- Could we specify the min shutter speed instead of being limited to a restricted number of predefined values ?- When shutter s...

Yoms by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Electronic shutter

Just out curiosity, why do DSLR's have a shutter? Would it not be possible to electronically 'tell' the sensor to start and to stop processing the incoming light? What are the advantages of the current designs?

pvk by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

5DMk3 With vintage Pentax Lenses

Hey Everybody!  I'm new to the forums and to DSLR Photography and Videography in general, though I do have a background in film making.  I acquired a 5D Mark 3 last year and am really happy with it so far. Here's my question:  Are there any tips or t...

In-camera noise reduction

This question is directed to the technically knowledgeable out there and has to do with in-camera noise reduction settings. Although I'm shooting with a 1D4, I would guess the same would apply to all models. In a nutshell, is in-camera noise reductio...

Harv by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Er 50 and Er 20

Hi I'm new to this forum. Please bear with if this has already been discussed. Last night I was at a WWE event taking pictures with my Canon 50D using my 24-105mm L series lens. I have never had a problem with this camera before but all of a sudden I...

CO585 by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

rebel xs 1000d

i need to find out how many times my camera has fired and what percentage is left on my camera.  Is my camera compatible with canon zoom lens  f 2.8 70-200mm

imkaiser by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements