EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! Canon t5i lcd shuts off after taking pictures

I just received my Canon T5i.. I noticed that the LCD screen will shut off sometimes after taking pictures or videos. I'm not sure why.. I didn't press the "info" button and It won't turn back on even If I press the shutter button half way.. I know t...

Canon EOS 6D - Black & White photos

Hello, With my current camera (Canon Powershot IS 50) I can do black & white photos but tell the camera which colour should remain (so for example I can do pics where all the photo is black & white but the red colours stay red, etc.) I would like to ...

Resolved! Best AF practice for video

I'm using a EOS 7D for shooting 1080p HD video. New to the camera and DSLR for video. I've looked at several tutorials but still don't have a good understanding of what the best practices are for focusing.If I put the camera in AI Servo will it auto ...

Question on cost drivers of Full Frame Cameras

There is much discussion about how a full frame must be more expensive than the APC-S (a smaller sensor). I don't understand why this should be the case from a manufacturing perspective. Here is my logic and a question for Canon Engineers. The ongoin...

SGFFX by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EOS 70d Live View question

HiI have just purchased an EOS 70D.  My question relates to using Live View under the "fully automatic" setting.  I understand that touching the live view screen causes the camera to focus on the point of touch, and this is exactly what happens on my...

cadams by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

High ISO Noise Setting on 6D

Just got a 6D as a companion to my BMCC for when I need low light shots and wider shots. It's been a little while since I had my 5D MKIII and I am trying to remember how I had my camera set up for video. Right now I am trying to figure out if I need ...

Brad12d3 by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to take photo when camera horizontal

I've run into this problem several times now.  I set up a shot with the camera on a tripod in the horizontal position (to take in more from floor to ceiling than side to side).  I hold down the button and can't get the green square and so it won't ta...

rnedd by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

70D question

This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but I am going to ask anyway.  I just bought my first dslr camera, the 70d, and it's all a bit overwhelming for a newbie.  I intend on buying one of the DVD sets that explains the cameras features ...

Lower Right of Image is Under Exposed

I have a Canon Rebel 350D and I'm using the kit lens 18-55mm. In low light conditions in full auto mode many of my shots are very under exposed in the lower right of the image. The dark area is triangular. Has anyone experienced this and can you expl...

Resolved! EOS 6D zoomed remote live view sharper??

Hi, I've got this Canon Zoom lens EF 70-300mm on my EOS 6D, connected via EOS Remote Utility on my Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.9.1. Everything is working great, and I'm really impressed by the level of details I can achieve by zooming on the moon:  ...

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 1.05.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-18 at 2.16.29 PM.png
emitc2h by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements