EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution Coming Out Not HD

I've been learning how to shoot video on a 60D. I've been setting the camera to shoot at a 1920 x 1080 resolution at 24fps. But when I upload the footage from my card onto my computer, the dimensions of the footage are suddenly 1280 x 720. Can anybod...

Canon 40d appears to be cropping from the left?

Hi everyone,I bought this body some years ago and have noticed that I'm not getting the picture I see through the view finder.For example if I take a centered group shot, the image will be off centre.It may not be actually cropping but could just be ...

Rushj by Apprentice
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon App 'focus failure' message

Hello,I recently purchased a Canon T6i and i have having trouble getting the remote shooting option to work on the Canon App.I successfully connected my camera to my iphone however when I try and release the shutter a message pops up (on the camera) ...

enived by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

5DSR in LiveView 16x magnification, question.

Hi,5DSR users. I use manual only lenses from Canon and Zeiss with my Canon camera. Manual focus is sometimes an hard task with the Canon MP-E 65mm super macro or the Zeiss Planar 85mm. I was considering a loupe, like a Zacuto Z-finder; for critical f...

Cunha by Rising Star
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon Rebel t6i

Hello everyone. I am having troubles with my Rebel t6i. He crashes and doesn't work anymore. Even when i want to turn the camera off, it stays on and I get to see a circkle that says "recording, remaining images:1" Even when I wait for 20 minutes it ...

Blurry group pics

I just bought the Canon Rebel T6i after my Xsi died. I'm having a hard time taking groups of people and them  being blurry...I am and amateur and am using a Tamron lens 18-200. The depth of field is an issue when taking group shots like this or of a ...

group photo
gln622 by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need a lens filter for protection?

I recently bought a Canon T5 bundle without really knowing the first thing about cameras. I'd like to learn, though, which is why I bought it.My mother tells me I absolutely, definitely, 100% must get a lens filter to protect the lens, but I've read ...

kitkat by Apprentice
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Time Lapse Sequences on the Canon EOS 5DS

Hello! I am hoping to try out still image intervalometer (time lapse sequence/NOT movie time lapse) and I was wondering how people process these images after shooting. I ask because I also have a gopro and once you put the sd card in the computer it ...

Mblake84 by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rebel t6 question.

Okay so I have already asked a similar question to this and thought I had resolved it but I guess I have not.I am trying to record on my canon t6 and it just will not record for more than a second. I have a class 10 memory card, to be exact it is the...

Canon Rebel lens mm to digital equivalent

So as I had stated earlier, I had just gotten a new Rebel T6.  I like it so far. I have an old S3 that still works great.  Now i'm looking to expand my T6 to a higher zoom. Currently my S3 has a lens that is 6.0 - 72.0 mm. My Rebel T6 came with an 18...

t3ijbp by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

This might be my last ever Canon product!

Had a several great Canon 35mm film camera, a Rebel dslr  that lasted for MANY  years, then corrupted it's electronics and became useless. Bought a new . Rebel last August ( 2016 ), now suddendly it does NOTHING when plugged into either PC I use. Lit...

rmrgdr by Contributor
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements