EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual sky last night

We had a storm go through and afterwards the sky cleared up.  Actually pretty spectacularly.  There was still lightning off to the South just to make it more interesting. The clouds were moving pretty fast.  The stars were not!  The greenish light to...

_52D5971.jpg
ebiggs1 by Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

7D Mark II Viewfinder Issue

Using my new 7D today to photograph birds, I noticed an annoying issue with the viewfinder.  I almost always use polarizing sunglasses when I use my camera, and with the 7D, the camera shooting data along the bottom of the frame is difficult to read....

AF not working consistently

Hello, I work for a company who does real estate photography and we use the Canon Rebel SL1 with a Canon 10-18mm lens. We realize this probably isnt the best camera for the large amount of pictures we are taking with it each day, but recently we have...

70d Automatic 19 Point Selection? Not so much

Generally love my new 70d however I am finding one problem with focus settings.  I have spent time with tech support and they confimed it is designed this way so unfortunately there is no fix unless they update firmware.  They state they have forward...

msalz by Apprentice
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Canon EOS 5D mark ii - damaged pictures

Hi everyone,I have a problem with my 5D mark ii, one month ago during the photo shoot I mentioned that one of the photos had a horizontal white stripe at the top and just right after that shot second one was pink (all the image), I restarted the came...

defetc2.jpg defetc2.jpg

5D4 Video: New shortcut button function

Greetings, anyone else who shoot video with 5D4 is missing a proper function of the new shortcut button? Atm even ISO adjustment from this button is only working in photo mode.Personally i would love to be able to enable/disable 'Movie Servo AF' from...

KonstaP by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Choosing a lens...

Is there a lens I can get that will be usable for landscape and telephoto? Or am I better off getting a prime like the nifty fifty for landscape and a separate zoom lens for something like birding? For instance, I would like a lens that can take in w...

Have small question about tulip lens hood

Just out of curiosity, I have gotten a tulip lens hood for my rebel t6, but I've noticed that when it's turned a certain way, the longer two "petals" tend to get in the shot. Is there something, other then always being zoomed in, that I can or should...

Xain by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon Rebel SL1 went "black" and won't restart

I have an 18-month old Canon SL1.  I have used it quite a bit and am familiar with it.  I was at an outside event today and took probably 100 pictures.  Suddenly, it took a picture, then went totallydark.  I took the following steps: 1) Took out the ...

RSlater by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

5D mk iii no focus preview

Hi Today my 5D mk iii just stopped showing any of the focus previews in the viewfinder, there are no longer any red lights and the whole thing is significantly out of focus. The focus is actually still working, as the images seem to be in focus. I co...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements