EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D exposure problem after video?

I have been having a problem getting a good photo exposure after recording video. I began the session shooting stills on P mode (ISO 1600), then switched to video, which exposed well. Trying to switch back to stills, I get a long shutter speed and cr...

KristiG by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Protective Screen ?

As I am going through the manual testing my new EOS 80D it occurred to me that I should get a protective screen for the LCD panel. So I started reading reviews of such screens and I found this... "I used to go through these like cupcakes, I would at ...

Philomath by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Manual Focus on T5i

I playing with manual focus on the T5i. I switch to MF on the lens. Do a ruff focus......hit the + on back of the camera. But what comes  up are all the AF points. I select one and hit the plus key again.....never get a manual focus box I am suppose...

gpal813a by Apprentice
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting camera connect to S8 phone

I previously had no issues with the app or setting it up but I have recently had to have my phone replaced because of a cracked screen. Now my rebel t6 will no longer connect via nfc. I followed all the instructions but keep getting errors err11 and ...

Jaytenn by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

T6, videos and audio questions

Hi. Really new to DSLR and need some advice please.I have a Rebel T6 (yes, the one without the external mic jack).I am looking to record some videos in addition to photography - nothing professional, but I do need good audio from people speaking quit...

simrick by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EOS 5D Mark II timelapse

Hello, I am using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II, along with the ACK-E6 AC adapter and this is connected to a computer running windows XP (32-bit) using EOS software, so that i can capture a timelapse. I need to capture images for 14 days, but the camera pow...

Resolved! Shutter Count for 60D

I've searched the web and googled to find a program that can tell me my shutter count on my Canon 60D.  I only found 2 solutions, Eoscount, and Magic Lantern.   I tried Eoscount and it would'nt work, I think because my Pc is Windows 8.1 64 bit.  It s...

jazzman1 by Rising Star
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 5D3 strange vignetting and dark LCD

Hi everyone,I've a 5D3 since a couple of years. Since last month, I noticed a big vignetting in all the new photos (never noticed before). A comparison between "old" photos made with Tamron 24-70 + filter, with new photos made with the same lens + fi...

adrjork by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AEL doesn't lock

Why is it that on say a 5Dm4 or 5DS the AEL feature turns itself OFF the very moment I take a shot and then get into the menu/screen system.  I am a wedding photographer and sometimes I like to lock the exposure (e.g. a sunset) and then adjust the fl...

arogers by Contributor
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Waterproofing Option for Canon T7i?

Hello everybody, I'm a new DSLR photographer and I love taking storm photography. I got the Canon EOS Rebel T7i and I'm not sure how to take it out safely in the storms. All the waterproofing houses I see are in th $1500 range which is not possible w...

Sorsor_7 by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 80D ISO Noise concern

I just bought a brand new 80D.  I bought it to replace my 7D as I wanted to get improved high ISO noise performane.  My first day of shooting leaves me very dissapointed.  Is this typical of what I am to expect? Link to higher resolutionhttp://lonest...

ISO 80D.JPG ISO 80D 320.JPG
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements