EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R and back button AF

I recently upgraded from my EOS 5D Mk III (and before that a 7D) to a new EOS R. I've always set my AF-On button to focus so I can use the back button focusing technique. With the EOS R, this is already the default and I only had to disable focus fro...

greggp by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Canon 5d Mark IV Video Files

I have a 5d Mark IV, all updated with the latest firmware, SD card and CF card, recording to both for redundancy. Mac OS Catalina. When I put the SD card in my Mac the video files do now show up. I know they are there becasuse I can play them on the ...

sports photography with the 7d.

I am new to the 7d and canon all together.  I am trying to take pictures of my sons baseball games and I cannot get the bat or ball to be clear.  I want to be able to see the seams of the ball and the name on the bat.  However I have to admit I am a ...

Stew9 by Apprentice
  • 28 replies
  • 1 likes

Recommendations for computer

Need some idea about what I should be looking for in a computer to buy, so that I can move pictures from a canon 50D to the computer and prepare them for print.I dont need to do a large volume Im no longer working so I dont need to deal with clients.

BrianB by Contributor
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! SL2 high ISO

Hello. First time posting here and new to DSLRs. A while back I bought a Canon T6 but a few days ago I saw an SL2 and decided to buy it. So I have both cameras but I'll be selling the T6. When I have both cameras on and pointed at the same spot, I no...

Rebel t5 won't turn on

So, my t5 will not turn on.  My camera is at least 4 years old I think.  No trouble up until now.  New battery from Amazon, did not turn it on.  So, yes, I suspected the battery might be at fault.  But took the camera to a highly reputable camera sho...

Weeezeee by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Canon 6D underexposing

Hi. I recently got a Canon 6D (original version). I'm finding that it's consistently underexposing images. I shoot RAW images on aperture priority, and I always have to keep the exposure compensation set to +1EV. Different metering modes and lenses d...

EOS-1D X Error 20

I have a idx mk 1 and my camera froze bringing up an error 20 code. I sent it away to get fixed and it came back after having the shutter box and a pcb board replaced. The fault happened again and this tie no message and a blank screen. The repair co...

Resolved! EOS1000D nighttime photos

I have been trying to take some nighttime photos using the Manual settings in the usual way - increasing the aperture and decreasing the shutter speed until the little arrow tells me the exposure is correct. The camera appears to take an image but no...

Idris by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shutter Speed vs Screen Darkness

I'm still very new to cameras, and I have a Rebel T5. When I get my shutter speed up, my photos are so much darker they're practically black. I know this has something to do with the light getting in, but I don't know how to fix it right in the setti...

speedlight setup for 7d and other settings

So I'm very new to "action photography" specific to radio controlled cars. I have a canon 7D. I have learned how to set the c1-c3 to custom settings. For now I use the green "square" setting for group photo's and still "shop" photo's. I'm perfectly h...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements