EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step up from the 30D

I purchased a used Canon EOS 30D in December to try a digital SLR without spending a bundle. The 30d with the 70-300 and 18-135 lenses has been great. But as I only paid $50 for the camera body, I'm wondering if i should  now move up to a more "moder...

Saluki by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! PPI

I have my Rebel T7 to save in RAW format, and when I transfer photos to my computer (and run them through the Adobe DNG converter so I can use them in PhotoShop), they end up with a PPI of 240. I know I can just just change the resolution in PS, but ...

JPlum by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

R5 dim viewfinder

While using R5 today view finder went very dim and has a greenish tint to it.  The brightness does not change when adjusting the manual brightness settings. Images look fine when viewed on display screen.

Kmwhite by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help!! Broken Autofocus

I have a canon rebel. Recently the autofocus stopped working completely. The lens will zoom in and out and eventually give up trying to focus, I can't take a photo at all!The camera has had no damage as I am aware.I have tried more than one lens and ...

mdavies18 by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I change the Creator name?

I purchased a used Canon 6D and had it astromodified. It works perfectly however when I checked the metadata from a recent shoot I noticed that the name of the original owner shows as the Creator. How can I change this to my name in the cameras softw...

RoBoFoto by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

1dx mark ii - basic maintenance

My 1dx Mark ii could use a tune up. No serious problems, I just want to get her cleaned. Does anyone know approximately how long Canon would take to perform basic maintenance without having to solve an issue?

Focus Bracketing on EOS R5

As I learn my way around the R5, I am puzzled by the settings for Focus Bracketing.  In particular the "Focus Increment" setting is not clear to me regarding its function.  There are not units of length shown.  Presumably, the length of a narrow incr...

RRB1 by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! R6 uneven vertical banding?!

Below is a photo shooting a white balance card before a portrait shoot yesterday. Canon R6, 135L (1/1600th, F/2, ISO 800, Electronic 1st Curtain shutter mode) using an Aputure 300x for key light. I edited the photo to emphasize an odd problem: notic...

CanonR6_Aputure300x_Banding.jpg
mixist by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
Unanswered Topics
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements