cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom

Jig1
Apprentice

How can I keep my pictures I take zoomed? After I go to view the picture I thought I zoomed it’s an image of the area around what I thought I had zoomed into and photographed? I have an eos rebel t6

7 REPLIES 7

lly3988
Rising Star

Buy a zoom lens.

T6 doesn't have digital zoom feature.

@Jig1 wrote:

How can I keep my pictures I take zoomed? After I go to view the picture I thought I zoomed it’s an image of the area around what I thought I had zoomed into and photographed? I have an eos rebel t6

When you "zoom" on the LCD screen, you're just magnifying the image (to check its sharpness, etc.). The image itself is unaffected. Once the image is captured, the only way to get a zoomed effect is to crop it in post-processing.

If you're using a zoom lens, and you've come to DSLRs from the world of point-and-shoot cameras and cell phones, remember that zooming is manual on a DSLR - usually by turning a ring on the lens.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Jig1 wrote:

As mentioned, if you are using the rear LCD in Live View mode, then zooming in does not affect the captured image.  You will always get the “unzoomed” version, because DSLRs lack digital zoom.  The zooming feature is made available for manual focusing.

At any rate, you should want to use the viewfinder to capture images.  The viewfinder uses different focusing and light metering hardware, compared to using the LCD in Live View mode.  In many cases, the viewfinder is better to use because it will focus faster, and measure available light in one of severa ways.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hilal584
Apprentice

@Jig1 wrote:

I think I have the same problem! 

any proper solution? 

Psiphon Download

"I think I have the same problem! "

It is not a problem.  Well at least a problem with the Rebel because that is how it is supposed to work.  If you wanted a P&S that is what you should have bought. Nothing wrong with that idea as there are some fantastic P&S's out there.

I might suggest an often overlooked concept, read your manual. Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I think I have the same problem! "

It is not a problem.  Well at least a problem with the Rebel because that is how it is supposed to work.  If you wanted a P&S that is what you should have bought. Nothing wrong with that idea as there are some fantastic P&S's out there.

I might suggest an often overlooked concept, read your manual. Smiley Wink

TOTALLY agree with Ebiggs about reading the manual!!!!!!!!! Man Frustrated

It seems that we have a generation of people coming to cameras from cell phones and who want to use the rear panel to take photos instead of using the viewfinder.   This is problematic in a couple of ways: as mentioned when using the viewfinder the camera uses a different metering method.  More of an issue is that when holding a camera at arm's length it is inherently unstable and will add shake to make your photos blurry.  By using the viewfinder pressed against one's face, a third stabilizing point is achieved (if you remember your basic physics 3 points define a plane).  This becomes increasingly more important the longer the focal length of the lens.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

This is problematic in a couple of ways: as mentioned when using the viewfinder the camera uses a different metering method.  

Then you have the EOS R with a viewfinder *and* a different metering method.

Announcements